Saturday, February 11, 2012

Day #34-41: Superbowl and Alaska:)

I'm bacccccckkkkkkk. I apologize, I didn't mean to go a whole week without blogging, but once I tell you about my week, I think you'll understand:) I'm going to do a whole week in one blog! It's going to be a long one....

Day #34: Not Lame:)
I decided to not be lame and actually go out with some friends on Friday, February 3rd. We went to Zocalo, a new place on the plaza, and they have amazing drinks! Here is a picture of me and Becks! One of us is tan and one of us is not:) Super fun night...glad I'm officially not lame;)

Day #35: KU vs. MU
Anyone who lives in Big12 world knows how big this rivarly is! Our friends had a watch party and Jenn decided to bring a homemade KU pie in the midst of a room full of MU fans:) Brave girl! I tried to take a picture of the watch party, but everytime I tried people jumped up and the pictures were terrible. So here is a picture of the pie!


Day #36: Superbowl Sunday!

Baby Nora is here:) We had planned to have a Superbowl Party/Baby Shower for our friends Ashley and Josh, but sweet Baby Nora made a surprise appearance and came a week early! But what a beautiful little girl! She was so chill and hung out all Sunday with everyone! Enjoy a picture of me, Becky, Kelsey and sweet baby Nora!

Day #37-40: Alaskan Adventure!
So about 6 weeks ago, I found out I got a new client....in Bethel, Alaska. Yeah, I had never heard of it either. Then I googled it and then I got scared. Here I was going to the middle of nowhere Alaska, in the Yukon, basically in the Arctic Circle in February...awesome. I knew it was going to be adventure and an adventure it was. About 20 Cerner consultants left on Monday, February 6th to start our trek to the Yukon. We left around 7 am CST and arrived to our hotel around 9 pm AKST (midnight CST)...a 19 hour journey. Bethel, Alaska is the most interesting place I have ever been. There is one paved road, no stoplights, one hotel, a few restaurants...there are really no words. I almost feel like it the Yukon is the forgotten place in America. Granted it is freezing, the ground is permafrost, everything is built on stilts since you can't dig into the ground...I mean even the gas tanks at the one gas station is above ground. Everything is ridiculously expensive, every plane brings a ton of cargo from Anchorage, I mean I can go on and on and on. I'm so glad I got to experience this, but I just pray I will never have to live in a place like that. Enjoy a few of the pictures. It was hard to take pictures since the sun was only up from about 11 am to 6pm (when we were in the hospital)...

The mountains outside of the Anchorage airport! I absolutely love Anchorage (I DO think I can live here:))

The "Welcome to Bethel" sign...as you can see, I'm not completely wrapped up in hats, gloves scarves...it was actually above zero (in the 30s) for the first time in two and half months...we were incredibly lucky!

The airport in Bethel....no words:)

We had 9 hour layover in Anchorage, so we went out to explore a little bit and found these amazing ice sculptures...so fun!

1 comment: